Thursday, February 11, 2010

River walk today





Today was one of those glorious winter days with brilliant sky and luminous shadows that makes you love winter. As I walked our dog along the banks of the Speed River here in town this morning I was captivated by the beauty of the shadows under the pines; the way the colour changes from cold to warm blues as shadows pass under the trees to the open fields beyond; and how the water, where it still flows openly in the place where the Speed meets the Eramosa it has an elusive darkness in a colour that still eludes me.

When I got home I took some scrap strips of watercolour paper and played.



3 comments:

Tooninator said...

that first one is the coolest shit ever. Great studies

LuisNCT said...

I like a lot the first two. They're simple and strong

karlsimon said...

Very pretty! Reminds me of home