Monday, November 9, 2009

Body Worlds

Went with a few of my Seneca Digital Animation students to Body Worlds at the Ontario Science Centre in Toronto today. This is my first visit to this show and probably won't be my last given there is so much to learn despite the spectacle feel of the place and my disgust at the way they will not allow you to re-enter the exhibit unless of course you are in dire need of the washrooms. It's utterly rediculous if this is an educational venue that one is not allowed to take a break and return. Last time we visited we had to get PRESS passes to be able to draw....another absurdity. This time they did come around and ask if we had permission. I assumed we did. Again, if this educational then one should be allowed notes and sketches. But at least it is here and we can get some insight into the muscles as they lie over and intersect throughout the body. Enought grumbling....here are my sketches.








Tomorrow it is off to the Royal Winter Fair.

It's been a while since I posted...a whole summer. It wasn't without drawing or painting although not as much as I wish, but only myself to blame for that.

My garden in Lion's Head provided me with endless facination of the colours and particularly the green of the plants and the trees. Here's one of the summer sketches:

No comments: