Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Royal Winter Fair Time

It's now officially fall and I'm thinking ahead to the Royal Winter Fair in November. I am so bound by calendars these days with deadlines and commitments that it doesn't seem there is time time breathe. So when I was looking at November and felt there was something missing, it finally occurred to me that it was the Royal that made it's mark felt at that time. If you live in the area definitely take advantage of it to get up close and draw everything from horses to Lamas. Unfortunately they no longer have the farm birds as they once did. In many ways they don't have a lot of what they once did. I do get mad at all the cars and SUV's instead of animals, but if you pick your day right, it can be spectacular. One of my favourites was the Belgian Blue cattle...the Schwarzenegger of cows with their double muscles. Regrettably they are no longer considered worthy of the show. Regardless, it's worth it.

As for the donkey drawing...it's from a Seneca school trip this summer to the Donkey Sanctuary just outside Guelph. Another must visit for your drawing list. At least it is for me.

No comments: